Outside Employment for County and Municipal Government Employees

All full-time and part-time Miami-Dade County employees who engage in any outside employment must request permission from their department before engaging in outside employment.

County employees with questions regarding the outside employment permission process should first contact their Departmental Personnel Representative (DPR).

Permission for outside employment must be requested and granted on an annual basis, even in cases where the type of outside employment has not changed. Municipal employees should follow municipal ordinances and procedures regarding permission to engage in outside employment.

Miami-Dade County government employees who want to request permission to engage in outside employment, as well as full-time County and municipal employees who must file an annual outside employment disclosure statement, can find these forms and related information on the Miami-Dade County Elections Department website, in the Outside Employment section.