The following files are in Adobe Acrobat format.
Commission on Ethics By-Laws, amended October 2013
Commission on Ethics Rules of Procedure, revised August 2013
Guidelines for Outside Employment, 2013
Staying out of trouble during the gift-giving season. Read the rules.
Guidelines and recommendations regarding "public benefit" clauses in certain government contracts (report regarding complimentary event tickets, approved 3/1/12).
Addendum clarifying "official function." (3/29/12)
Public Employees & Politics: the dos and don'ts for government workers participating in campaigns. Read the memo.
Ethics at a glance -- highlights of the Conflict of Interest and Code of Ethics Ordinance in layman's terms for elected officials, public employees and advisory board members.
Who We Are - Brochure
- "Miami-Dade ethics board rebukes two city of Miami commissioners" Miami Herald, Nov. 29, 2012
- Was a meeting of politicians in NW Miami-Dade a Sunshine Law violation? Listen to the discussion (in Spanish) from 7/31/12 on Caracol 1260.
- Citizens' Bill of Rights should be enforced (Letter to the Editor, Miami Herald, 7/11/12)
- No Free Ride(The Miami Herald editorial 6/27/12)
- “Who guards the taxpayers’ money?” Panel discussion featuring Ethics Commission Deputy General Counsel Miriam Ramos, former Miami Mayor Maurice Ferre and FIU Law Associate Dean Jose Gabilando on Actualidad Radio (en español). http://www.actualidadmiami.com/player/default.aspx?tipo=1&id=2292
- Free -- but at a cost
(The Miami Herald editorial 3/1/12)
- No More Freebies?
A scathing report by Dade’s ethics panel looks at how politicians use complimentary tickets to choice events. (The Miami Herald 2/22/12)
- The lobbyist's playbook (video)
Crooked lobbyist Jack Abramoff explains how he asserted his influence in Congress for years, and how such corruption continues today despite ethics reform. Lesley Stahl reports (from CBS's 60 Minutes, Nov. 6, 2011).
- To fight corruption: Enforce a public morality by Joseph Centorino (The Miami Herald, 10/29/11)
- Top 10 Things You Should Know Before You Run for Public Office (The Florida Bar Journal Sept./Oct. 2011)
- The Achiever: Joe Centorino (Miami Today, 9/29/11)
- Sunny Isles Beach: Campaign finance charges lead to probation (The Miami Herald 8/21/11)
- The Government in Your Facebook: An Examination of Social Networking Sites and Florida’s Public Records Law (May 2011 article republished with permission from "The Florida Bar Journal" and the authors.)
- Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls in Judicial Campaigns
from The American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division - "The Young Lawyer" Volume 14, Number 6, April 2010
- Intern Experience
from The Florida Bar's "The Agenda"
Contact Ethics Commission
Miami-Dade Ethics and Public Trust Commission
19 West Flagler, Suite 820
Miami, Florida 33130
Request a Speaker