Key Memos and Letters of Instruction
These opinions stem from individual complaints or requests for opinion, but have broad implications for elected officials, public employees, local government or citizens.
- County Contract Lobbyist Report - submitted to BCC March 2019
- Outside Employment guidelines - updated May 2019
- "Two-Year Rule" guidelines - updated May 2018
- Public employees political activity memo - updated September 2016
- Holiday gift guide for public employees - December 2014
- Mandatory Training for Elected Officials - July 2013 and Ordinance
- Promotion at the Port of Miami - July 2013
- Organizational Conflicts - Amended Letter of Instruction
- Procedures for Voting Conflicts for Elected Officials - January 2013
Guidelines and recommendations regarding "public benefit" clauses in certain government contracts (report regarding complimentary event tickets, approved 3/1/12).
Addendum clarifying "official function." (3/29/12)