- Wednesday, Nov. 27, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 28, Office Closed
- Friday, Nov. 29, Office Closed
- Tuesday, Dec. 24, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 25, Office Closed
- Tuesday, Dec. 31, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 1, Office Closed
If you need immediate assistance during holiday closure hours call our hotline at 786-314-9560
Commission on Ethics & Public Trust
The Ethics Commission was created in 1996 as a result of a citizens' vote to amend the Home Rule charter. It is an independent agency with advisory and quasi-judicial powers. It is composed of five members, each serving staggered terms of four years at a time. Learn more about the agency, its mission and its jurisdiction.
Miami-Dade Lobbyist Training
Anyone who registers as a lobbyist for Miami-Dade County, Miami and certain other municipalities must undergo training provided by the Ethics Commission. You must create an account with the Ethics Commission, then sign up for a class and pay by credit card IN ADVANCE through this system. Most trainings take place in the Miami-Dade Commission Chambers, 111 NW First St. Miami, FL 33128.
- Monday, November 18, 2019, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 9 a.m. - 1p.m.
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Lobbyists who have completed the initial Ethics Course... and have continuously registered as a lobbyist thereafter shall be required to complete a refresher Ethics Course every two years to meet requirements of Miami-Dade County and the City of Miami. Date of completion of most recent lobbyist ethics training course (original or refresher) is required. You must create an account with the Ethics Commission, then sign up for a class and pay IN ADVANCE on this system.
Lobbyist refresher course
- Monday, November 25, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Friday, December 6, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Thursday, March 26, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Thursday, April 30, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
"I'm a Lawyer, Not a Lobbyist." You Might be Both Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, March 2014
Call 305-579-2594 for more information.
Advisory Board Member Registration and Schedule
Advisory board training will be held on the third Wednesday of each month. Classes will alternate between 8-9:30 a.m. and 12-1:30 p.m. every other month. You must register before attending the class. Online registration
Special arrangements can be made for classes with a minimum of ten participants. Call 305-579-2594 for more information.
Should you serve on an advisory board? Read this first.